Spring Pea, Country Ham, Roasted Garlic and Bacio® Pizza
Yield: 12″ pizza
4 oz. roasted garlic cream sauce (recipe follows)
7 oz. Bacio® cheese, shredded
2 oz. fresh peas
3 oz. country ham, cut into 1/2″ cubes
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
Fresh black pepper
1 T. fresh tarragon
For roasted garlic cream sauce:
2 heads garlic
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 oz. unsalted butter
2 oz. (1/4 cup) flour
2 c. whole milk
½ c. Parmesan cheese
1. To prepare roasted garlic cream sauce: preheat oven to 375°.
2. Cut off the bottom quarter of each garlic head and place in tin foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes (or until the garlic is golden brown and very soft).
3. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Whisk in flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
4. Whisk in milk and simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add roasted garlic cloves and Parmesan cheese. Puree mixture.
5. Stretch pizza dough and place on a screen or peel.
6. Spread garlic cream sauce over dough.
7. Top with Bacio cheese, peas and ham. Drizzle olive oil over the top.
8. Bake pizza until crust is golden brown and cheese begins to bubble.
9. Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and fresh tarragon.
10. Slice and serve!
Roasted Pumpkin, Sage and Bacio® Pizza
Yield: 12″ pizza
1 twelve-inch pizza dough ball
3 oz. Alfredo sauce
1 T. fresh sage, chopped
7 oz. Bacio® cheese
3 oz. roasted pumpkin, cut into 1/2″ pieces
1 T. pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1 oz. fresh ricotta
2 T. balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar reduced by half)
1. preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Stretch pizza dough and place on a screen or peel.
3. Spread alfredo sauce over dough.
4. Sprinkle fresh sage over the sauce.
5. Top with Bacio cheese, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds and ricotta.
6. Bake pizza until crust is golden brown and cheese begins to bubble.
7. Remove pizza from oven and slice.
8. Garnish pizza with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and freshly chopped sage.
9. Slice and serve.