Panini with Dark Chocolate, Strawberries & Bacio® Cheese
Yield: 1 Panini
2 slices brioche, ½” thick
2 oz. Bacio® cheese (shredded or sliced)
¼ c. dark chocolate chips
¼ c. fresh strawberries, halved
1 T. unsalted butter
1. Sprinkle half of the Bacio cheese over one slice of brioche.
2. Sprinkle chocolate chips and cherries on top of the cheese.
3. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the chocolate and cherries, top with the remaining slice of bread.
4. Over medium heat, melt ½ Tbsp. butter in a grill pan, panini press or *skillet.
5. Spread the remaining half of the butter on the top of the sandwich.
6. Cook sandwich until both sides are a dark, golden brown and cheese and chocolate are melted, about 3-5 minutes, flipping once.
7. Serve warm.
*If using a skillet, use another skillet to press down on the top of the sandwich.
Yield: 8-12 slices
3 c. Bacio® Shredded Cheese
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 ¼ cups sour cream
1 cup sugar
1 T. cornstarch
1 T. vanilla extract, pure
2 eggs (room temperature)
3 egg yolks (room temperature)
1/3 c. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and measure all ingredients.
2. Prepare a cookie or graham cracker crust in a 10″ spring-form or cake pan.
3. Spray one medium-sized non-stick sauté pan with pan spray.
4. Over low heat, melt the cream cheese in the sauté pan. Stir with a heat-resistant spatula. When the cream cheese is half melted, add the Bacio in three equal batches.
5. Stir to melt both cheeses and to prevent any browning. Keep the heat on low. When both cheeses are completely melted, turn off the heat.
6. Put the sour cream, sugar, corn starch, vanilla, eggs, yolks, and heavy cream in a food processor. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
7. Add the cheese mixture into the food processor and blend on medium to high speed until smooth (two minutes).
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, place the pan in a larger pan and surround it with one inch of hot water.
9. Place the cheesecake on the middle rack in the oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, turn off the oven and let the cake cool for one hour. Leave the door closed.
10. After one hour, remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
Flavorings and Topping Ideas: Cranberry sauce, caramel and toasted pecans, sautéed bananas and milk chocolate, fresh blueberries.